As I've gradually grown my collection of completed builds - I think this natural Ash Stratocaster is the one which has taught me the most. Consequently - just about every component has been swapped out, at least once, over the last couple of years. With the latest modifications however... I think it might finally be where I want it to be.
I try to make improvements to the playing "feel", every time I set the guitar up. In fact - every time I change strings - there's a chance to tweak things a little. I've already set the Ash Strat up a few times now. This time - the new body has meant there's a better geometry at the neck pocket, and I can do away with the shim that was there previously. That provides an opportunity to really give things a good shake out.
The Ash Stratocaster I built last year has become one of my "go-to" guitars. As one of my first builds - I'm especially fond of it. However, with a few key components left over from other projects, I've had the chance to upgrade the guitar into something really special.
With all the modifications in place, I can now setup the guitar. The new setup is going to unstop the tremolo - but since that's something I'll also have to do for the Black Strat, I need to get acquainted with the theory and practice of properly floating a Stratocaster tremolo.
All the groundwork is now done and the guitar is ready for the new pickups and wiring. I just need to check on the scratchplate fit at the bridge first. UPDATE: Idiot wiring mistakes identified and rectified.