Continuing the saga of the repair, re-fit and preparation of two Jaguar necks, for a couple of my project builds. Lacquer repairs, finishing, hardware installation, and fingerboard toning
I've finally ordered a Custom JagStang body from Warmoth. While I wait for delivery, probably some time in March - I've got plenty of time to finish off the neck.
The neck and body have been evolving and developing separately. I'm keen to get to the point where I can join everything together, and start to work on the guitar as a whole. It makes sense to dress the frets while the neck is off. It's cold in the workshop - and I can get this done on the kitchen table, where it's warm.
The pickups for the Jaguar have arrived! Time to pull this project together - well, see if I can wrap up the construction anyway. I need to make sure the neck is good to go - so it's in the best possible shape for the first setup.