There seems to be a problem when pairing a Fender American Vintage Telecaster bridge pickup, with a Fender "Nocaster" '51 re-issue neck pickup. Looks like they're out of phase. Here's how I fix it...
Stringing, and setting up my DIY replica, Wilko Johnson Fender Telecaster. Do heavier-than-usual strings make a difference?
Soldering up a "modern" wiring circuit for my Wilko Johnson Fender Telecaster
Fitting a neck pickup, custom-cut all-red scratchplate, and chrome control plate to my Wilko Johnson Fender Telecaster
Installing a new pickup and bridge plate to my Wilko Johnson Tele. I can also attend to some grounding issues, and prepare the way for the neck pickup and control circuit to be installed, at a later date.
I've finally got hold of the basic components, to begin putting together my own, Wilko Johnson style, Fender Telecaster.
The upgrade to a Fender "Jimmy Page Signature" custom neck, finally completes my "Dragoncaster" project build, in some style.
The inspiration for a new project build is a chain reaction. One thing leads to another, and plans take shape...
Earlier on this year, I finished off my "Dragoncaster" with a HOSCO neck. This was always a compromise. Due to the CITES restrictions then in place, I didn't have much of a choice when it came to vintage style, rosewood boarded necks. Fortunately, the CITES restrictions have recently been amended, and I have a chance to upgrade to something much more suitable.
This build has taken ages - but I've eventually managed to achieve the quality of both finish and componentry, which I first set out to realise. It's well worth the wait, and the hours I spent, getting it as right as possible, haven't been wasted. And I have the additional pleasure of having put it all together myself.