Jimmy Page “Dragon” Telecaster. Final Specification

After swapping out the original HOSCO neck, for a Fender neck with a rosewood fingerboard - the "Dragoncaster" somehow looks and feels a whole lot more authentic. It might not be a Vintage '59 slab board - but it does have something of the essence, and it finally finishes the build off properly. Time to wrap another project up.

Jimmy Page “Dragoncaster”. Upgrading to a Fender neck.

Earlier on this year, I finished off my "Dragoncaster" with a HOSCO neck. This was always a compromise. Due to the CITES restrictions then in place, I didn't have much of a choice when it came to vintage style, rosewood boarded necks. Fortunately, the CITES restrictions have recently been amended, and I have a chance to upgrade to something much more suitable.

Jimmy Page “Dragoncaster”. Setup (with HOSCO neck)

My "Dragoncaster" project has taken more than a year to get to the point where I can add the finishing touches, setup and finally get to hear those revered Don Mare pickups. I've had to solve a couple of technical problems along the way, but I'm really happy with the way the guitar has turned out. With every setup I do, I seem to get a little bit better at refining the playability of my builds. It's fair to say I have more than high hopes for this one.

Research. Planning. Shopping. Drawing.

As with most of my projects - I just don't have the resources to go out and buy all the parts in one go. The way the projects tend to come together over several months enables me to phase the project, and get parts in for when I need them, for any particular task. Obviously - each project is different. The "Dragoncaster" is a case in point. I want the parts to be high quality and as period accurate as possible. That, and the distinctive artwork takes quite a bit of detailed research.